New printer

Yesterday I bought a printer because my old one had not been printing as smooth as it was like before. The new new printer is one of those all-in-one machine that can print, scan, copy and fax and it works amazingly well - it prints beautifully. However, like every other printer I've owned; the colour I was seeing on my monitor was much more vibrant.

I played around with the different calibration procedures according to the manual but... i gave up as it was getting nowhere.

Today I'm going to draw about a garden scene and I printed out in full colour a garden photo I took somewhere; that will be my inspiration and focus. As I have done many times before; I overlaid some textures, in this instance from the garden and swimming pool

I know... a bit brash, but I love it all the same.